How to Strike a Good Deal when renting a car in Barbados with a few tips to save money and protect yourself from additional cost’s.
1) Compare prices.
2) Check currency exchange rates.
3) Consider taking Super Waiver or Insurance protection to cover insurance excess.
4) Check condition of car on check out (if taking the risk on excess).
5) Check condition of car on check in (if taking the risk on excess).
6) Read the terms and conditions on your travel insurance to see if insurance excess cover is included.
7) Have the car delivered to your hotel Villa or apartment free of charge several days after arriving. Whilst you relax and enjoy the beach or swimming pool. Saving a few days car hire charges whilst you unwind.
Christmas is a busy time in Barbados and most rental companies are without cars well before the holiday. Multi Passenger Vehicles (MPV) 7 and 8 seater’s are almost impossible to get after October. To “Strike a Good Deal” when renting a car book well in advance. Arriving at the airport without a car rental reservation would be a big mistake.
Islands are renowned for car shortages at peak times. There will be no cars left at the airport during peak season Christmas and New Year. Do not leave it by chance and go up to a rental company at the airport as you will be very disappointed. Barbados is so beautiful it is worth booking a hire car to see the wonderful beaches and tropical folige.
A Mini Moke is a popular vehicle to rent when in Barbados. This is a step in Jeep without doors or windows, either with soft top roof or hard roof versions. If you are travelling during the rainy season you may wish to consider a car such as the Toyota Yaris with A/C as it would still be warm.